Monday, March 31, 2014

FSX P3D AUTOGEN DEFAULT.XML TWEAK


In this post I'd like to give some helpful information for simmers who don't have powerful computer to perform high autogen settings. 

It's a some old but useful tweak. To apply this tweak you should go to Autogen folder in root FSX/P3D directory. Then to open default.xml with notepad and change first line which is " Utf-16 " to " Utf-8 ". I'm aware it removes most of the specific autogen elements but after that i'm able to run simulator with full autogen density and stutter free and to be honest it simply gives more realistic view to me. As I'm running P3D with Orbx Global addon, i noticed amount of trees really giving unrealistic view for  me in high density settings without that tweak. So I'm happy with that setting overall as I'm flying IFR most of the time. It produces realistic enough environment for departures and landings. So overall it worths try to see results and decide. 

Here  is an example from approach and take off; 





From that captures, it's also possible to see well texture handling in Prepar3D which I've mentioned in first post. 

First Post

No comments:

Post a Comment